Thursday, March 24, 2011

Well, I did it...

So, I am not big into jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to "trendy" type things.  In fact, most of the time I feel quite resistant to said things.  This whole blog thing would definitely fit into that category.  I LOVE reading other people's blogs, and never really thought about or was interested in having my own.  In fact, I can't tell you how many times I've said..."Yep, love other people's blogs but I just don't feel like I have to have my own or feel a need to start one."  In fact, it would be one of those things I would most likely start, post once or twice, and then never keep up.  Then enters that wonderful, still, small voice of the Lord...."start a blog"  Me- Ha! That's funny!  Several times more comes the voice I know and love..."start a blog"  Me-That's funny cause I really don't think that's for me....BUT if that is You Lord asking me to do this, then give me a name 'cause I knows lots and lots of people who really stress over just the name of their blog and I'm am so not willing to stress or give too much thought to that, with all the other real opportunities for stress in my life:)  Then...immediately...Extraordinary family, Extraordinary God.  How's that for a name, and for easy? (It is also a combination of recent titles from church and a quote from a friend...which I will share in another post)  Sooo, here I go....and am not even gonna really allow myself to "go there" about what if I do it and nobody ever reads it?  I know that obedience is worth it...even if I am the only person to ever read it!  At least I will have a journal of sorts.  The really cool thing is I am not really doing this to show you how cool my family is or all the cool stuff we do (though those are fun too!)...I just feel like the Lord has blessed me with some amazing people in my life...which help me tremendously in my own walk with the Lord....and many of my thoughts/revelations are directly related to "doing life" with those people...which I think are worth sharing about.  I also love, love, love how the Lord works and moves and speaks and delivers and encourages...and I think this is a cool way to get some of those thoughts out of my head and into a logical, documented format:)  So, if someone reads it and is encouraged in some way, great, or if no one reads it and it's only for my benefit, great.  I just love life in Him...there's nothing like it...no greater sweetness...no greater peace...and I LOVE sharing the practical ways that He helps me experience these conclusions.  So welcome to my blog.  May the Lord be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment